Korean Hanji paper
- 1 sheet
- Same color on both side
- 50 gsm
This paper was made available by Origami-shop for the first time in large size for the origami community on 25 october 2017.
Choose the size of your sheet from the options above (next to the Button "Buy now"):
- 40x40 cm (15.7"x15.7") = 2,50 €
- 50x50 cm (19.7"x19.7") = 3,00 €
- 60x60 cm (23.6"x23.6") = 3,50 €
This famous Korean paper offers a silky and soft texture.
It is the best combination of finesse and richness of texture.
Why to choose this paper?
The Hanji is ideal if you are looking for a very fine paper with a rich texture to:
- simulate the fur of an animal
- fold flowers and other plants with an ultra-realistic rendering
In addition, the Hanji is perfectly adapted in the following cases:
- To get a silky texture, you do not want to make your paper by glueing unryu to another sheet
- You want to laminate a silky paper on a foil sheet without the metallic appearance appearing through (the Hanji is thick enough for that)
- Stronger than unryu, you could add methylcellulose without issues.
- For complex models with volume, glue this paper on a foil sheet.
- These items are proprietary products to our shop because we cut them into squares and conditioning them ourselves.
- Important: Sheet with format 40x40 or 60x60 cm will be sent folded by us. It therefore inevitably contain creases but of course, the traces will not interfere in the final appearance of your model. By ordering this paper, you agree to receive sheets folded.