How to choose your origami paper to fold easy models ?
Choose a good paper for origami is important!
Even for beginners, even for simple models. Many folders have indeed abandoned origami only because the paper was not easy to fold and gave an awful result. There are many papers for origami and it is often difficult to make a choice.
What is the good origami paper to start origami?
- A paper with a square format to be used immediately
- A color paper to fold beautiful models
- A thin and resistant paper to fold and unfold without troubles.
- A paper with a white face to more easily follow the folding sequences (the drawings use always a bicolor paper with a white face to facilitate monitoring of folds)
In our section "Origami papers", all sheets are adapted for beginners.
Here is our selection specially selected for beginners:
Boxes all-in-one with folding instructions and adapted papers to fold beautiful easy models.
- A size of 15x15 cm (6''x6''), ideal for all simple models
- A broad palette with 60 colors to always find the right color for your model, and a white face to help to fold.
more items in the section "Mixed Colors".
- Test sheets
Low cost sheets perfect to train before using a better sheet.