John Montroll presents 39 models through 3 main chapters:
- Part 1: Math and origami.
How to apply mathematics to origami to create complex geometric shapes in 3D.
- Part 2: Chess: with its alternating black and white squares, create a chessboard in origami is a genuine intellectual design challenge. John Montroll solve brilliantly the challenge with interesting folding sequences for eight chessboards
- Part 3: Creating Model - Structure and Proportion
John Montroll present some origami design approach, in particular how to change proportions of bases to create models with more details.
Do not be put off by the mathematical approach that can be put aside easily. The animals are particularly well thought and the chapter "Structure and proportion" is very interesting to start to create new models.
Buy this book:
- If you are interested in the basics of origami design
- If you love math and origami
- If you want a good folding challenge with chessboard
Do not buy this book:
- If you really dislike geometric forms
- If the mere sight of an equation makes you pass out.
39 models diagram step by step including 3 great models :
- Chessboard with support (one single sheet)
Softcover: 120 pages
Date : 2012
Product Dimensions: 21 cm x 29,7 cm