Tissue-paper is a very thin paper (18 to 25 gsm) very interesting for origami
How to use
- Make sandwich papers : Glue tissue paper onto a sheet of aluminum for cooking or foil-papers:
- Coat it with Methyl Cellulose (wallpaper paste) or paint it with acrylic color : the result is an amazingly thin paper suitable to fold super complex models.
How to choose my tissue paper?
- To mimic animal fur
=> Unryu or Mulberry (Unryu has a much higher quality. It's prettier, softer, stronger / Mulberry is roughened but more economical)
- To mimic the well stocked animal fur
=> Fur Tissue-paper
- to make your sandwich paper
- to make a very thin sheet for complex models => Unicolor Tissue-papers
- to make a sheet to exhibit and highlight your models: all other tissue papers according to the desired effect
- How to choose between fibrous tissue paper like Unryu, Mulberry and Banana?
- Unryu has a much higher quality. It's prettier, softer, stronger
- Mulberry is roughened but more economical and sheets are extra large, ideal for very large models
- Banana has longer visible fibers as well as less common colors
- For use with methylcellulose
=> Unryu because it is stronger